Accredited Asset Management Specialist℠
Professional Designation Program
The Accredited Asset Management SpecialistSM or AAMS® professional education program is an ideal program for new advisors looking to give more comprehensive financial advice and build stronger client relationships.
Many of the country’s top investment firms were involved in developing the AAMS® program, making it uniquely suited to the needs of today’s investment professionals. At the conclusion of your studies, your abilities to identify opportunities and employ strategies is enhanced not only with regard to investments, but also related to planning for insurance, tax, retirement, and estate issues.
Why choose the AAMS® Program?
- AAMS® graduates report yearly increases to their earnings, job satisfaction, and number of clients.
- There are more than 19,447 AAMS® graduates and the program is widely recognized and encouraged by many top financial firms.
- Graduates of the AAMS® program qualify to test out of up to 1/3 of our CFP Certification Professional Education Program.
- AAMS® graduates also have the unique additional opportunity to pursue the AWMA® designation via the accelerated “AWMA® Challenger” program. Contact us for details.
The AAMS® program is by far the best that I have come across. It is informative, precise, extremely well written, and it has immediate theoretical and practical values. This program gave me more knowledge to help structure my communication with my clients. The AAMS® program should be a requirement for anyone involved in asset allocation and money management. - Lev R.
- The Asset Management Process
- Investors, Policy & Change
- Risk, Return & Investment Performance
- Asset Allocation & Selection
- Investment Strategies
- Taxation of Investment Products
- Investment Opportunities for an Individual’s Retirement
- Investment Considerations for Small-Business Owners
- Deferred Compensation & Other Benefit Plans for Key Executives
- Insurance Products for Investment Clients
- Estate Planning for Investment Clients
- Regulatory & Ethical Issues for the Investment Professional
Students typically complete their studies within 9-11 weeks, although your completion time may be faster or slower than the duration cited.
To earn the designation, students have to successfully pass the course’s final exam at one of our approved testing centers: PSI, Prometric , or ISO Quality Testing. The first examination is included as part of your enrollment. Subsequent examination attempts are $100 each. Students must attempt the exam within six months of enrollment and have one year to complete the program. Full enrollment details can be found here.
In order to maintain a College designation, designees must renew every two years. Cost to renew is currently $95 and covers the renewal cost for one or multiple College designations held.