Accredited Domestic Partnership Advisor℠
Professional Designation Program
PFP532: Financial Planning for Domestic Partners
The Accredited Domestic Partnership AdvisorSM or ADPA® professional education program is the first and only financial education program specifically focused on the unique needs of domestic partners.
The curriculum addresses the unique financial planning needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) individuals, as well as heterosexual couples who have chosen not to marry. Specifically covered are factors and situations that cause financial planning for domestic partners to be different from financial planning for legally married spouses. These include wealth transfer, taxation, retirement planning, estate planning, as well as alternative planning solutions for these situations.
Why choose the ADPA® Program?
- ADPA® graduates report yearly increases to their earnings, job satisfaction, and number of clients.
- The program is one of a kind and was created under supervision of some of the nation’s top financial firms.
- As laws change, the College makes updates to the curriculum on a regular basis. Information on previous updates can be found here, here, here and here.
- The ADPA® program is an advanced financial education program designed to build on existing educational foundations rather than repeating familiar topics.
The Accredited Domestic Partnership AdvisorSM enhances my knowledge to serve existing clients and reinforces my credibility when reaching out to potential clients. – Jill H
- Wealth Transfers for Domestic Partners
- Federal Taxation Issues for Domestic Partners
- Retirement Planning & Relationship Issues for Domestic Partners
- Planning for Financial, Medical, & End-of-life Needs of Domestic Partners
The ADPA® program is delivered via the College’s exclusive MyChoice learning platform. PFP532 and the ADPA® curriculum are worth 3 graduate semester credit hours and up to 45 hours of continuing education credit with some organizations.
Students typically complete their studies within 9-11 weeks, although your completion time may be faster or slower than the duration cited.
To earn the designation, students have to successfully pass the course’s final exam at one of our approved testing centers: PSI, Prometric , or ISO Quality Testing. The first examination is included as part of your enrollment. Subsequent examination attempts are $100 each. Students must attempt the exam within six months of enrollment and have one year to complete the program. Full enrollment details can be found here.
In order to maintain a College designation, designees must renew every two years. Cost to renew is currently $95 and covers the renewal cost for one or multiple College designations held.
Live Course Dates
The next live course will be offered during these dates. Remember that you can enroll and begin at any time using pre-recorded course lectures.
Mon09Feb2015Mon16Mar20155:30PM-6:30PM (Mountain)Adobe Connect Online
Classes meet each Monday & Wednesday.