Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor℠
Professional Designation Program
PFP520: Portfolio Management for Personal Financial Planners
The Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor℠ or APMA® helps advisors to gain hands-on practice in analyzing investment policy statements, building portfolios, and making asset allocation decisions, to include determining sell, hold, and buy decisions within a client’s portfolio.
The program consists of two parts:
Part 1 – An optional online instructor-led classroom focusing on program concepts
Part 2 – An 8-week online class involving direct application of program topics via PFP520
Upon completion of the PFP520 curriculum and the final examination, you are then eligible to apply for the Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor℠, or APMA®, designation.
Why choose the APMA® Program?
- APMA® graduates report yearly increases to their earnings, job satisfaction, and number of clients.
- The APMA® program was created under the supervision of the several top financial firms and is intended to provide advisors with the most comprehensive portfolio management education possible.
- Graduates of the APMA® program receive direct credit for CFPE 502, the Investment Planning course in our CFP Certification Professional Education Program.
- The entire program is graduate-level and credits can directly apply toward our Master of Science Degree Program in Personal Financial Planning.
- Security Markets & The Economic Environments
- Investment Risk & Return
- Modern Portfolio Theory & Behavioral Finance
- Common Stock Valuation & Performance Measurement
- Security Analysis
- Features of Fixed-Income Securities
- Valuation & Analysis of Fixed-Income Securities
- Real Assets & Foreign Investments
- Mutual Funds & Other Investments
The APMA® program is delivered via a combination of the College’s exclusive MyChoice learning platform and our MS program’s Online Learning System. PFP520 and the APMA® curriculum are worth 6 graduate semester credit hours and up to 45 hours of continuing education credit with some organizations.
Students typically complete their studies within 12-16 weeks, although your completion time may be faster or slower than the duration cited.
To earn the designation, students have to successfully pass the course’s final exam at one of our approved testing centers: PSI, Prometric , or ISO Quality Testing. The first examination is included as part of your enrollment. Subsequent examination attempts are $100 each. Students must attempt the exam within six months of enrollment and have one year to complete the program. Full enrollment details can be found here.
In order to maintain a College designation, designees must renew every two years. Cost to renew is currently $95 and covers the renewal cost for one or multiple College designations held.
Live Course Dates
The next live course will be offered during these dates. Remember that you can enroll and begin at any time using pre-recorded course lectures.
Tue10Feb2015Thu09Apr20152:30PM-3:30PM (Mountain)Adobe Connect Online
Classes meet each Tuesday & Thursday.