Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM
Professional Designation Program
PFP558: Wealth Management Strategies
The Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM or AWMA® professional education program is the nation’s original and most well-respected designation for providing financial advice to high net worth clients.
With this designation in your arsenal of knowledge you’ll be able to help clients capitalize on opportunities to preserve, grow, and transfer their wealth. You’ll gain the confidence to optimize clients’ investments to achieve their goals while minimizing investment volatility.
Why choose the AWMA® Program?
- AWMA® graduates report yearly increases to their earnings, job satisfaction, and number of clients.
- The AWMA® program was created at the request of financial advisors looking to better serve their wealthier clientele.
- Graduates of the AWMA® program qualify to test out of up to 1/3 of our CFP Certification Professional Education Program.
- If you are an existing AAMS® graduate, you have the unique additional opportunity to pursue the AWMA® designation via the accelerated “AWMA® Challenger” program. Contact us for details.
Because of my AWMA® designation, I am now working with higher net worth clients, which allows me to work with fewer individuals while substantially increasing my income. Because my clients feel that I offer more individual attention and a top notch level of service, I’ve received an increase in quality referrals. – Paul R.
- The Asset Management Process
- Investors, Policy & Change
- Risk, Return & Investment Performance
- Asset Allocation & Selection
- Investment Strategies
- Taxation of Investment Products
- Investment Opportunities for an Individual’s Retirement
- Investment Considerations for Small-Business Owners
- Deferred Compensation & Other Benefit Plans for Key Executives
- Insurance Products for Investment Clients
- Estate Planning for Investment Clients
- Regulatory & Ethical Issues for the Investment Professional
- Risk Management & Investment Issues for High Net Worth Clients
- Income Tax & Executive Benefits Planning for High Net Worth Clients
- Estate Planning for High Net Worth Clients
The AWMA® program is delivered via the College’s exclusive MyChoice learning platform. PFP558 and the AWMA® curriculum are worth 3 graduate semester credit hours and up to 45 hours of continuing education credit with some organizations.
Students typically complete their studies within 12-15 weeks, although your completion time may be faster or slower than the duration cited.
To earn the designation, students have to successfully pass the course’s final exam at one of our approved testing centers: PSI, Prometric , or ISO Quality Testing. The first examination is included as part of your enrollment. Subsequent examination attempts are $100 each. Students must attempt the exam within six months of enrollment and have one year to complete the program. Full enrollment details can be found here.
In order to maintain a College designation, designees must renew every two years. Cost to renew is currently $95 and covers the renewal cost for one or multiple College designations held.
Live Course Dates
The next live course will be offered during these dates. Remember that you can enroll and begin at any time using pre-recorded course lectures.
Tue11Nov2014Thu26Feb20156:30PM-7:30PM (Mountain)Adobe Connect Online
Classes meet each Tuesday & Thursday.