CFP Board Code of Ethics & Professional Responsibility
This course is invaluable for all College for Financial Planning graduates and CFP® certificants as it fulfills an essential CFP Board requirement. The presentation will help you understand and apply CFP Board’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility and includes information about incorporating new and existing rules and principles into your everyday professional activities.
You can choose between:
- A 2-hour online presentation with final exam that can be viewed at your leisure
- A live webinar that has no required final exam
2 Hour Online Course
2 Hour Online Course + Webinar
Live Online Course Dates
The next live online course will be offered on this date.
Tue09May2017Adobe Connect Online
Live Code of Ethics Presentation
This course satisfies CFP Board’s 2-hour Ethics continuing education requirement, and covers the following CFP Board-required topics:
• Defining elements of the fiduciary standard
• Determining when the fiduciary standard applies in a variety of financial planning contexts and scenarios
• Determining if a CFP® professional is providing financial planning services or material elements of financial planning services
• Explaining CFP Board’s compensation disclosure requirements to clients and prospective clients
• Communicating any potential conflicts of interest to a client at the initiation of the client engagement.
This 2-hour Code of Ethics Presentation qualifies for all of the College's professional designations as well as the CFP Certification. It runs from Noon until 2PM (Eastern Time).