Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor℠
Professional Designation Program
The Chartered Mutual Fund CounselorSM or CMFC® designation is the only industry-recognized mutual fund designation.
The College collaborated with the Investment Company Institute (ICI), the primary trade organization for the mutual fund industry to create the program in 1996. The CMFC® program provides you with a thorough knowledge of mutual funds and their various uses as investment vehicles.
Why choose the CMFC® Program?
- CMFC® graduates report yearly increases to their earnings, job satisfaction, and number of clients.
- The CMFC® is nation’s only industry-recognized mutual fund credential.
- There are more than 6,500 CMFC® graduates and the program is widely recognized and encouraged by many top financial firms.
- Graduates of the CMFC® program qualify to test out of up to 1/3 of our CFP Certification Professional Education Program.
Because of the CMFC® program, I am now able to compare funds based on their past, present, and future directions. I have confidence in my knowledge of the various funds and in my ability to communicate that knowledge to clients. – Jan W
- Introduction to Mutual Funds
- Open- & Closed-End Funds: Types & Characteristics
- Other Packaged Investment Products
- Risk/Return: Part I
- Risk/Return: Part II
- Asset Allocation
- Selecting a Mutual Fund for a Client
- Retirement Planning
- Ethics, Integrity & Professional Conduct
Students typically complete their studies within 9-11 weeks, although your completion time may be faster or slower than the duration cited.
To earn the designation, students have to successfully pass the course’s final exam at one of our approved testing centers: PSI, Prometric , or ISO Quality Testing. The first examination is included as part of your enrollment. Subsequent examination attempts are $100 each. Students must attempt the exam within six months of enrollment and have one year to complete the program. Full enrollment details can be found here.
In order to maintain a College designation, designees must renew every two years. Cost to renew is currently $95 and covers the renewal cost for one or multiple College designations held.
Live Course Dates
The next live course will be offered during these dates. Remember that you can enroll and begin at any time using pre-recorded course lectures.
Mon01Dec2014Mon02Mar20155:30PM-6:30PM (Mountain)Adobe Connect Online
Classes meet each Monday & Wednesday.