Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠
Professional Designation Program
PFP576: Retirement Planning Strategies
The Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠ or CRPC® designation is the nation’s premier retirement planning credential. Master every step of the retirement planning process and learn to create a “roadmap to retirement” for your clients.
Financial advisors face an increasingly complex onslaught of retirement planning questions as aging baby boomers look for investments to meet their lifestyle needs in 10 years, 20 years, and beyond, as well as determining when they can actually retire. You’ll find these clients demand a high level of trust from their advisors. You can build this trust and add to your expertise and credibility with the CRPC® mark after your name.
Why choose the CRPC® Program?
- CRPC® graduates report yearly increases to their earnings, job satisfaction, and number of clients.
- There are more than 24,000 CRPC® graduates and the program is seen as the industry benchmark for retirement planning credentials.
- Graduates of the CRPC® program qualify to test out of up to 1/3 of our CFP Certification Professional Education Program.
- The entire program is graduate-level and credits can directly apply toward our Master of Science Degree Program in Personal Financial Planning.
The CRPC® designation marks me as a specialist rather than a general practitioner. It has been consistently proven that specialists have an easier time marketing their services and get higher quality referrals from existing clients. – Scott K.
- The Retirement Planning Process & Meeting Multiple Financial Objectives
- Sources of Retirement Income & Legal Entities
- Employer-Sponsored Plans
- Traditional, Roth, & SIMPLE IRA’s
- Individual Deferred Compensation
- Planning for Incapacity, Disability & Long-Term Care
- When to Retire
- Retirement Plan Distributions
- Asset Management & Investment Strategy During Retirement
- Income Taxes & the Retiree
- An Overview of Estate Planning
- Retirement Cash Flow Considerations
The CRPC® program is delivered via the College’s exclusive MyChoice learning platform. PFP576 and the CRPC® curriculum are worth 3 graduate semester credit hours and up to 45 hours of continuing education credit with some organizations.
Students typically complete their studies within 9-11 weeks, although your completion time may be faster or slower than the duration cited.
To earn the designation, students have to successfully pass the course’s final exam at one of our approved testing centers: PSI, Prometric , or ISO Quality Testing. The first examination is included as part of your enrollment. Subsequent examination attempts are $100 each. Students must attempt the exam within six months of enrollment and have one year to complete the program. Full enrollment details can be found here.
In order to maintain a College designation, designees must renew every two years. Cost to renew is currently $95 and covers the renewal cost for one or multiple College designations held.
Live Course Dates
The next live course will be offered during these dates. Remember that you can enroll and begin at any time using pre-recorded course lectures.
Tue02Dec2014Thu12Feb20155:30PM-6:30PM (Mountain)Adobe Connect Online
Classes meet each Tuesday & Thursday.