Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠
Professional Designation Program
The Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠ or CRPC® designation is the nation’s premier retirement planning credential. Master every step of the retirement planning process and learn to create a “roadmap to retirement” for your clients.
Financial advisors face an increasingly complex onslaught of retirement planning questions as aging baby boomers look for investments to meet their lifestyle needs in 10 years, 20 years, and beyond, as well as determining when they can actually retire. You’ll find these clients demand a high level of trust from their advisors. You can build this trust and add to your expertise and credibility with the CRPC® mark after your name.
Why choose the CRPC® Program?
- CRPC® graduates report yearly increases to their earnings, job satisfaction, and number of clients.
- There are more than 24,000 CRPC® graduates and the program is seen as the industry benchmark for retirement planning credentials.
- Graduates of the CRPC® program qualify to test out of up to 1/3 of our CFP Certification Professional Education Program.
- The entire program is graduate-level and credits can directly apply toward our Master of Science Degree Program in Personal Financial Planning.
The CRPC® designation marks me as a specialist rather than a general practitioner. It has been consistently proven that specialists have an easier time marketing their services and get higher quality referrals from existing clients. - Scott K.
- The Retirement Planning Process & Meeting Multiple Financial Objectives
- Sources of Retirement Income & Legal Entities
- Employer-Sponsored Plans
- Traditional, Roth, & SIMPLE IRA’s
- Individual Deferred Compensation
- Planning for Incapacity, Disability & Long-Term Care
- When to Retire
- Retirement Plan Distributions
- Asset Management & Investment Strategy During Retirement
- Income Taxes & the Retiree
- An Overview of Estate Planning
- Retirement Cash Flow Considerations
The CRPC® program is delivered via the College’s exclusive MyChoice learning platform. Students typically complete their studies within 9-11 weeks. PFP576 and the CRPC® curriculum are worth 3 graduate semester credit hours and up to 45 hours of continuing education credit with some organizations.