Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist℠
Professional Designation Program
PFP578: Retirement Plan Studies
The Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist℠ or CRPS® designation is the nation’s premier credential focusing on retirement plan administration. Master the process of designing, installing, and maintaining company retirement plans while earning this unique designation.
Why choose the CRPS® Program?
- CRPS® graduates report yearly increases to their earnings, job satisfaction, and number of clients.
- There are more than 5,000 CRPS® graduates and the program is seen as the industry benchmark for credentials focusing on business retirement plan administration.
- Graduates of the CRPS® program qualify to test out of CFPE 504 in our CFP Certification Professional Education Program.
- The entire program is graduate-level and credits can directly apply toward our Master of Science Degree Program in Personal Financial Planning.
I found the CRPS® program to be an excellent, comprehensive course that covered the basics of retirement planning and helped me increase my knowledge of concepts such as Defined Benefit Plans and 457 Plans. At my suggestion, this course will be mandatory for all associates at my firm who aspire to become Retirement Specialists. – Anne F.
- Types & Characteristics of Retirement Plans
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- SEP, SIMPLE & SARSEP Plans
- Defined Contribution Plans
- 401(k) Plans
- Defined Benefit Plans
- Nonprofit Organization & Government Plans
- Qualified Plan & IRA Distributions
- Plan Design, Installation, Administration & Amendments
- Plan Establishment, Operation, Investment Objectives, Penalties & Termination
- Fiduciary Issues, Prohibited Transactions, Claims & Examinations
The CRPS® program is delivered via the College’s exclusive MyChoice learning platform. PFP578 and the CRPS® curriculum are worth 3 graduate semester credit hours and up to 45 hours of continuing education credit with some organizations.
Students typically complete their studies within 9-11 weeks, although your completion time may be faster or slower than the duration cited.
To earn the designation, students have to successfully pass the course’s final exam at one of our approved testing centers: PSI, Prometric , or ISO Quality Testing. The first examination is included as part of your enrollment. Subsequent examination attempts are $100 each. Students must attempt the exam within six months of enrollment and have one year to complete the program. Full enrollment details can be found here.
In order to maintain a College designation, designees must renew every two years. Cost to renew is currently $95 and covers the renewal cost for one or multiple College designations held.
Live Course Dates
The next live course will be offered during these dates. Remember that you can enroll and begin at any time using pre-recorded course lectures.
Mon01Dec2014Wed18Feb20153:30PM-4:30PM (Mountain)Adobe Connect Online
Classes meet each Monday & Wednesday.