Foundations in Financial Planning℠
The Foundations in Financial Planning Program℠, which can lead to the RP® designation, is designed to provide basic and practical financial knowledge for those working in support roles or for individuals wanting a better understanding of their own finances.
Students are introduced to different product categories, essential terminology, and general concepts applicable to financial planning. Completing the Foundations in Financial Planning course and a three-month internship will allow you to earn the right to use the Registered Paraplanner℠ or RP® mark.
Why choose the Foundations Program?
- Graduates of the Foundations program report yearly increases to their earnings, job satisfaction, and number of clients.
- The Foundations program is perfect for those working in support roles at financial firms and want a better understanding of their day-to-day business.
- Looking for a better grasp of household finances and a general understanding of financial planning? The Foundations program is an ideal introductory program for those without a background in financial planning.
- There are more than 13,500 graduates and the program is widely recognized and encouraged by many top financial firms.
The Foundations in Financial Planning℠ program is excellent for someone like me who is just starting a career in financial planning. Course materials provide a well-written and comprehensive introduction to the financial services industry. - Pat G.
- The Financial Planning Process
- Financial Statements & Cash Flow Management
- The Time Value of Money
- Investment Principles & Mutual Funds
- Equities & Debt Instruments
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Introduction to Insurance
- Life & Health Insurance
- Estate Planning
The Foundations program is delivered via the College’s exclusive MyChoice learning platform. Students typically complete their studies within 9-11 weeks. The Foundations in Financial Planning curriculum is worth 45 hours of continuing education credit with some organizations.