Foundations in Financial Planning℠
The Foundations in Financial Planning Program℠, which can lead to the RP® designation, is designed to provide basic and practical financial knowledge for those working in support roles or for individuals wanting a better understanding of their own finances.
Students are introduced to different product categories, essential terminology, and general concepts applicable to financial planning. Completing the Foundations in Financial Planning course will allow you to use the Registered Paraplanner℠ or RP® mark.
Why choose the Foundations Program?
- Graduates of the Foundations program report yearly increases to their earnings, job satisfaction, and number of clients.
- The Foundations program is perfect for those working in support roles at financial firms and want a better understanding of their day-to-day business.
- Looking for a better grasp of household finances and a general understanding of financial planning? The Foundations program is an ideal introductory program for those without a background in financial planning.
- There are more than 13,500 graduates and the program is widely recognized and encouraged by many top financial firms.
The Foundations in Financial Planning℠ program is excellent for someone like me who is just starting a career in financial planning. Course materials provide a well-written and comprehensive introduction to the financial services industry. – Pat G.
- The Financial Planning Process
- Financial Statements & Cash Flow Management
- The Time Value of Money
- Investment Principles & Mutual Funds
- Equities & Debt Instruments
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Introduction to Insurance
- Life & Health Insurance
- Estate Planning
The Foundations program is delivered via the College’s exclusive MyChoice learning platform. Students typically complete their studies within 9-11 weeks. The Foundations in Financial Planning curriculum is worth 45 hours of continuing education credit with some organizations.