Foundations in Financial Planning℠
The Foundations in Financial Planning Program℠, which can lead to the RP® designation, is designed to provide basic, practical knowledge of the financial planning process and the five disciplines of financial planning. This program is ideal for frontline employees, individuals new to financial services, insurance agents, recently licensed advisors, and anyone interested in the basics of financial planning.
Students are introduced to different product categories, essential terminology, and general concepts applicable to financial planning. Completing the Foundations in Financial Planning course will allow you to use the Registered Paraplanner℠ or RP® mark.
Why choose the Foundations Program?
- Graduates of the Foundations program report yearly increases to their earnings, job satisfaction, and number of clients.
- The Foundations program is perfect for those working in support roles at financial firms and want a better understanding of their day-to-day business.
- Looking for a better grasp of household finances and a general understanding of financial planning? The Foundations program is an ideal introductory program for those without a background in financial planning.
- There are more than 13,500 graduates and the program is widely recognized and encouraged by many top financial firms.
The Foundations in Financial Planning℠ program is excellent for someone like me who is just starting a career in financial planning. Course materials provide a well-written and comprehensive introduction to the financial services industry. – Pat G.
- The Financial Planning Process
- Cash Management & the Use of Debt
- The Time Value of Money
- Insurance Basics & Property Insurance
- Life & Health Insurance
- Investment Basics & Strategies
- Retirement Planning
- Tax Implications of Financial Decisions
- Estate Planning
- Foundations in Financial Planning Case Study
The Foundations program is delivered via the College’s exclusive MyChoice learning platform. The Foundations in Financial Planning curriculum is worth 45 hours of continuing education credit with some organizations.
Students typically complete their studies within 9-11 weeks, although your completion time may be faster or slower than the duration cited.
To earn the designation, students have to successfully pass the course’s final exam at one of our approved testing centers: PSI, Prometric , or ISO Quality Testing. The first examination is included as part of your enrollment. Subsequent examination attempts are $100 each. Students must attempt the exam within six months of enrollment and have one year to complete the program. Full enrollment details can be found here.
In order to maintain a College designation, designees must renew every two years. Cost to renew is currently $95 and covers the renewal cost for one or multiple College designations held.